Saturday, January 26

Sci Fi To Air Two Battlestar Galactica Specials In March


It looks like Battlestar Galactica fans are going to have the opportunity to take a little refresher course on the series before the fourth season premieres this April. According to BuddyTV.com, the Sci Fi Channel is set to premiere two BSG specials to get fans of the series revved up for the new season.

The first special is called Battlestar Galactica: Revisted and will recap the first three seasons of the series. Considering how long it’s been since we’ve had any new episodes, an extremely condensed run-through of the previous seasons will certainly come in handy. That said, I’m not sure I’d recommend people who are new to the series to try and watch it as a way to see what they missed. I remember when Sci fi did one of these recap specials before the third season premiered and at that time, I hadn’t seen the first two seasons. I was totally new to the show and thought that watching the recap would help get me caught up so that I could jump into the third season with everyone else. In the end though, it didn’t do any good because I had no idea what was going on throughout the whole thing and ended up having to watch the first two seasons in their entirety anyway. I don’t regret that because I absolutely love the show but I do regret trying to watch the recap special because it spoiled a couple major plot twists. So, if you’re considering jumping on the BSG bandwagon, I recommend you start by renting the miniseries. If you like that, you’ll love the show and you still have time to get caught up on the first few seasons before the fourth season starts.

The second special set to air on Sci Fi is Battlestar Galactica: The Phenomenon. This one will center on the response of the fans and critics to the series over the years. Nothing like two BSG specials to get us psyched up and geeked out over the new season!

The specials will air back to back on Friday, March 28th at 10:00 p.m. (exactly one week before the fourth season premieres on April 4th).

No comments: