Friday, January 23

Moore Goes 'Smaller' With Galactica Directorial Debut

Source: Wired


Battlestar Galactica executive producer Ronald D. Moore says Friday's episode will offer a bit of respite after last week's shocking revelations.



Here's how he describes "A Disquiet Follows My Soul," which marks his directorial debut:
"It's a character piece. It's a smaller show; I designed it deliberately to be that way. I wanted to take a breath after the events, the shocking events, of the past couple of episodes. Things were happening huge. Revelations were coming one on top of another. And now I wanted to do a smaller piece that was just about people on the ship and where they are in their lives before the next giant arc just sort of pulls them along into even bigger events.

How did Moore (pictured) like directing?



"I found that really fulfilling," he told Sci Fi Wire. "It was really fun, and I will be doing it again."
In another Sci Fi Wire story, the actress who plays the final Cylon speaks out about keeping the big secret. (We won't name her, just in case you haven't seen last week's "Sometimes a Great Notion" yet, but the interview with Moore and the actress gives it all away.)



"NBC and Ron asked me just to lay low, really, and to honor and respect this enormous hit that was going to happen eventually," she said. "Part of it was a thrill. Of course I was going to keep this quiet. This was one secret you wouldn't want to blow."

No comments: