Tuesday, January 16

Battlestar Galactica 3.5: An early look

Source: TV Squad

As some of you may have seen, TV Squad's Joel Keller and Kevin Kelly are out in L.A. helping us cover the TCA press tour this month. Last week Kevin was lucky enough to score me an early copy of the next episode of Battlestar Galactica on DVD, so of course I said "the Golden whats?" and watched it as soon as I could tear the package open.

Last time we saw the show, you might remember that Adama was about to launch nukes to the planet surface. I'm not going to go out of my way to ruin surprised for you here, but I will say, once again, you won't be disappointed. This is an episode worthy of a season premiere, even though it technically isn't one.

Before you get totally jealous that I saw this episode early, know that these things come to us in a very unpolished form. The bulk of the visual effects are incomplete and even some of the dialogue is thrown in by the director(?) in some cases. It definitely makes one want to see the actual aired episode, even though you know what will happen.

The best way I can think of to not outright spoil things for you is to pick choice quotes from each of what I call the main plot points and let you have at it with your speculation. I'll have something more juicy in Spoilers Anonymous tomorrow. Trust me, while, to you, the quotes below seem very vague, they are key moments in the episode (and the show, for that matter).

WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILERS EXIST BEYOND THIS POINT! FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS IF YOU READ BELOW KEEP YOUR PISSED-OFFNESS AWAY FROM ME!

* Athena (to Helo): "I'm begging you to do this. Find the courage to do this for both of us, OK?"
* Tyrol: "Welcome home, Mr. President."
* D'Anna: "You. Forgive me, I ... I had no idea."
* Athena: "Don't shoot! She helped us escape!"
* Brother Cavil: "Your model is fundamentally flawed."

1 comment:

omelas said...

Ah, I would so make a spoiler prediction on that first quote, but I don't see a whiteout option. Hehe.. Regulars of Skiffy's Okay thread will know what I mean though... there is an instantaneous way for Athena to get where she most wants to be. ;)