Thursday, October 26

Did Ellen know? Battlestar Galactica's Ron Moore speaks

Source: TV Squad
Over in my review of the latest episode of Battlestar Galactica there's quite a bit of brouhaha going on amongst the commenters about whether or not Saul Tigh's wife, Ellen, knew she was being poisoned. I will admit, to the casual observer it sure seems like she doesn't know. Though once the debate started, it did create need for pause.

In Ron Moore's most recent podcast, the Battlestar Galactica executive producer only managed to fuel the fire by saying: "Does she know? I think she might know." Might? Did? I had to get to the bottom of this, so I asked the man himself. See what he had to say after the jump.

"We intentionally blurred this point so as to be somewhat ambiguous here. It's not entirely clear in the scene whether she knows or not and I liked leaving it for the audience to decide for themselves ultimately whether Ellen participates in her own punishment or dies as Saul wants her to -- peacefully, and unaware of what's happening to her."

So, there you have it -- it's simply up to you to decide. Now stop your biting and scratching and play nice.

No comments: